12.23.2013

Pointe Shoes!

Hi!  I've been meaning to do this post for a long time, but have never gotten around to writing it.  Well, after a long delay, here I am!  I'm going to show you a ton of pictures; so don't say I didn't warn you!  =)


    First off, meet the pointe shoes:



If you happen to not have previously know what pointe shoes are, I will inform you.

   Pointe shoes are a ballet shoe, but are different from the "soft" normal ballet shoes, pictured below:

 *I got this picture from the internet; not taken by me*
  While the soft ballet shoes are used for the normal ballet dancing, stretching, etc. pointe shoes have a special purpose:  to get the dancer on her toes!
     Pointe shoes, unlike the flexible ballet slippers, have a flat, hard bottom, allowing the wearer to rise completely on their toes. 
*Guess whose wearing these!*  =)


   Pointe shoes are only worn by female ballerinas, being at least 11 or 12.  First you have to learn how to keep your balance and walk while wearing them.  After that you can actually dance in them.  When I took ballet I danced in them, and it is marvelous.  Right now I just bought them to have fun in, and it has been a couple of years, so I don't exactly remember how to dance in them.  But I still love them and have fun in them.

   Now that you have a little background on them, let me show you some pictures that were taken on me wearing them.  Some I took, some my sister took.  =)


 *This is what they look like when you aren't on your toes*
 *I am pretty much always in jeans, so I dance in jeans too!  Haha*



 A close up of the bottom.
 The writing on the inside
 You can't really see it, but on the bottom is an imprint of a dancer on pointe.

 See how I've worn the bottom out.  <3
 This is me, balancing on one leg.  My legs aren't as straight as they should be, and as straight as I can get them, but I was trying to make sure the picture wasn't fuzzy.
Worn out bottoms! 


 You can see the real pointe shoes in the foreground, the reflection, and my camera.  Pretty cool, huh?




 Standing on pointe!  =)









Well, that concludes my long love rant about pointe shoes.  (Love rant??)  I hope that you enjoyed it, at least some what....

Happy Last Day Before Christmas Eve, everyone!  And pray for my family.  Besides me, everyone is sick. =P

*Merry*Christmas*

~Jessica


2 comments:

  1. I have pointe shoes too. I don't dance anymore as I don't have time but they were very fun ! I may take some pictures of mine too ! They were only about a size 2 which was cute !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is cool! I can't really remember how to dance in them, but I like playing around with them anyway. I would enjoy seeing pictures of them! =) Did you take ballet class or did you just own shoes?

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you think! I love comments; they always make my day, and they are what makes blogging worthwhile! =)