1.19.2016

Story Spinner Contest Winner

Sorry for the delay!  Since I only got 3 entries, and they were all so good, I've decided to post all three.  The two runner-ups are listed in no particular order.


Runner-Up #1: Rachel B.

 She looked in the mirror and smiled. There, she thought, I'm ready for whatever comes. She walked out of the room, pausing to glance wistfully at the picture on her dresser. "If only I could have saved her; however, you'll have to do." A deep Irish voice said, startling her from her thoughts.
"Don't do that, you know it scares me! Anyways, to the matter at hand; tonight is the night." She turned towards him, though staying a safe distance away.
"Indeed it is, little one; the trap is laid, only missing the final piece. The star of the show." He sneered.
"I'm ready. Let's go." She firmly stated, her confidence shrinking with her words. Gotta fake it till I make it; unless I want to die. So with those final thoughts, she followed him. 


Runner-Up #2: Julia Ryan @ The Barefoot Gal

 just a mirror
just a heart
slowly breaking,
tearing apart
the broken pieces fall to the floor
shattering dreams,
now no more
the shadows darken
the lights fade
then she's reminded
of His loving grace
the heartache is painful
the transition - beautiful
just a mirror
just a heart
growing stronger
with every dart


And, the winner, who took my breath away the moment I read it:

Winner: Mikayla H. @ The Bubblegum Ballerina

 A beautiful fleeting image passes in the mirror. An image of what will be, what could be, and what should have been. It was startlingly different from what I saw now, it hardly seemed to be the same person. But that image gave me hope, for there was no fear in those eyes. They were clear, happy, and at peace. They had a small shadow of past hardships, but your barely could it through the peace. The image in that mirror looked perfectly loved. In that moment of seeing it, I knew, without a doubt, I would do whatever it took to become that person.

Mikayla, darling, I'll be in touch. ;)

And thank you all to my 3 in-real-life friends.  This contest just proved how truly much I need y'all! ;)  You all ROCK and I love you very, very much. <3

More posts should be on their way...I'm working my way back to normal. (Or at least as close as I can get. hehe)


5 comments:

  1. awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...so close! ;) Haha! Congrats Mikayla!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved your poem! It was so awesome!
      -Mikayla-

      Delete
    2. Do you guys, like, even know how hard you made this decision?!You were all amazing. #havingamazingwritersasfriendsproblems ;) Love you both!

      Delete
    3. Aww thanks Mikayla! ;) You deserved it!! And Jess, I am SURE it was hard. ;) Hahaa! I love you too girl <3

      Delete
  2. Thank you! =D I love you, Jess! =D
    I can't wait to see more posts! =D
    -Mikayla-w

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you think! I love comments; they always make my day, and they are what makes blogging worthwhile! =)